Playing Now

Obamacare Will Push Doctors to Question Your Sex Life

123 >> IJump to page:
>
  1. Post 1
    Joseph Marley
    First Post: Sep 2009
    http://nypost.com/2013/09/15/obamacare-will-question-your-sex-life/

According to the report, it has been mandated that by 2015, any doctors/hospitals etc. that do not comply with working as a sort of government agent to gain information on patients will forgo incentive payments, and face financial penalties from Medicare and Medicaid. Meaning that doctors will be required to break Hippocratic oath by first having to ask intrusive questions to patients, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the doctor your visiting. So you may be asked how often you have sex, the number of partners, and whether it was with the same-sex or with the opposite gender while visiting the cardiologist. Apparently the only question the doctors cannot ask you is if you own a gun, thanks to the NRA. Why might doctors undergo this? Well many people are on Medicare and Medicaid, these penalties harm both doctors and patients, because it means the two financial health aids will not pay out as much towards certain locations, which could force a person on one of these to either have to pay cash instead of having it paid for by the government, or cause them to have to go to a different location and reveal personal information to the government.

From this, basically the U.S. government has broken the 4th amendment again, attempting to investigate what we do without a probable cause.
  2. Post 2
    Riley Lovelarry
    Banned
    First Post: Dec 2012
    Don't they already do that???
  3. Post 3
    Michelle Horsfall
    First Post: Nov 2009
    I can see the benefits of asking about our sex lives. When it relates to the ailment being treated anyway. If it's something like you broke a bone, or something, I think it's ridiculous to ask about sex.

But general health issues, and/or physical exams, things of that nature, asking about our sex lives can help to shed some much needed light.
  4. Post 4
    Joseph Marley
    First Post: Sep 2009
    "Don't they already do that???"

No? A regular doctor may ask if sexual activity somehow may have something to do with a health issue, but they won't just ask for no reason. I've never heard of a cardiologist or dermatologist asking about someone's sex life. And furthermore, doctors (and all others in the medical field) are bound by oath, and by government to not share ANY information about a patient, unless necessary. This means if you're a nurse, and you see your aunt at the hospital, you can get in big trouble (possibly be fired, fined/sued, etc.) if you tell someone, despite the fact that you know them. Under this mandate, doctors are pushed to break Hippocratic oath and not only ask intrusive, unnecessary questions, but to share them with the government. (Note: They won't be sued or fined for this because the federal government mandate permits them to tell the government)

"I can see the benefits of asking about our sex lives. When it relates to the ailment being treated anyway. If it's something like you broke a bone, or something, I think it's ridiculous to ask about sex.

But general health issues, and/or physical exams, things of that nature, asking about our sex lives can help to shed some much needed light."

Take note that this is not to give doctors the right to ask these questions in order to aid in medical service, doctors can already lawfully do that. This is the government pushing doctors to ask questions, for no reason at all other than to provide personal information to the government. And it's not just sex life that's on the list of things to ask, they can ask anything (and are likely to have certain things they are told to ask). To summarize, the government is trying to use doctors as government information lackeys.
    Last edited by Joseph Marley; 09-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.
  5. Post 5
    Iman Zargarpur
    First Post: Jun 2012
    I have no sex life.
  6. Post 6
    Michelle Horsfall
    First Post: Nov 2009
    Ohh, thanks Jo. I'm feeling kinda tired tonight, so I only skimmed over the article.

You're right. Just me personally, I have a few trust issues. Combined with a phobia of hospitals. (Not a good combo even before this)

Being the smartass that I can be sometimes, I'd probably juice it up for whoever might be reading my file. 'Patient reports having multiple partners with inanimate objects such as cars, and stoves. Some imaginary also. '

I didn't sleep well last night, and exhaustion is making me goofy. lol
  7. Post 7
    Joseph Hutcherson
    Banned
    First Post: Jun 2013
    So. How would I go about telling the doctor I have a hump-pillow with an anime character on it as my sex life?
  8. Post 8
    Iman Zargarpur
    First Post: Jun 2012
    ^ For real though? You dog!!

LITERALLLY
  9. Post 9
    Willa Gracemore
    Banned
    First Post: Sep 2010
    LOL!!!!!
    but wtf. seriously. it's none of their business, unless they have an STD or something
  10. Post 10
    Agatha Catania
    Banned
    First Post: Aug 2013
    My doctor asks me if I'm sexually active, it's not really a big deal.
123 >> IJump to page:
>