How to WIN on SmallWorlds!
AUTHOR: Ruby Rush POSTED: July 3, 2013
Welcome to #1 in a new series that’s designed to give you valuable tips and tricks that will help you WIN on SmallWorlds!
#1: With great power comes great responsibility*
SmallWorlds is a place where almost anything is possible and therefore the fun you can have is endless. However, just like in the real world, decisions you make in SmallWorlds can have consequences you don’t like.
#2 There’s no such thing as a Free Lunch**
All players need to be aware that there are no ‘glitches’, ‘hacks’, ‘cheats’ or other shortcuts to get free gold and/or items. These are tricks that are employed by scammers to tempt you into giving away your items, gold and even your account. They’re all scams, and once you fall victim, you’ve lost the game. One recent example can be seen in the so-called “Glitch Rooms” which have been appearing inworld lately.
#3 Neither a borrower nor a lender be***
Gold can be bought from the SmallWorlds store, earned in offers or you can buy and sell items to make gold.
Here’s some really important stuff I’d like you all to remember:
- Gold cannot be added to your account by some player accessing your account with your user name and password – never give your password to anyone… and report anyone who asks for it.
- Anyone telling you they are a SmallWorlds staff member who can add Gold to your account should be reported immediately. This goes for any in-world messages you receive (report button on the mail itself). They’re all scams.
- Gold and items cannot magically appear in your inventory through a glitch.
- Nothing in the game can be ‘loaned’. If someone asks for a loan they are most likely trying to scam you, like in the example of the Glitch rooms.
- Once you give something away you can only get it back if that person decides to give it back to you. This also means that no one can make you give something away. Think very carefully before giving anything away, whether that’s gold or items.
I’ll be back with another episode of “How to WIN on SmallWorlds!”. Till then, stay alert & keep your stuff safe! If you’d like to discuss this some more on the forums, click here.
~ Ruby Rush
The wise words above were first spoken by:
* Spiderman’s Uncle Ben
** Actually no idea who said this first
***It’s from “Hamlet” by William Shakespeare – go read a book!
Ruby Rush Known as the Guardian Angel of the SmallWorlds community, Ruby acts as an official conduit between HQ and all of our players. Her other duties involve running awesome contests and caring for the pets in the marketing department. She also enjoys sharing behind-the-scenes tidbits from SWHQ.